|South Carolina Department of Archives and History|
|National Register Properties in South Carolina
Rasor and Clardy Company Building, Marion County (202 S. Main St., Mullins)
|Facade||Rear Elevation|| Interior
The Rasor and Clardy Company Building is a well-preserved and largely unaltered early twentieth century vernacular commercial building. The brick building, constructed ca. 1914 for the Rasor and Clardy Company, is representative of the prevalent mode of commercial building design. The building exemplifies this form, with two sheltered entrances recessed in the fašade and flanking plate-glass display area on both sides. The fašade of the building is articulated with classical pilasters and an entablature. The building is noteworthy for the quality of the workmanship and the materials, including the metalwork, the stained glass and glass tile, the mosaic tiles of the entranceways, the wooden coffered ceilings of the display windows, and the pressed metal interior cornices and ceilings. The brickwork of the building is also noteworthy, with three different grades of brick utilized. In addition, the store is significant as the most intact early twentieth-century commercial building remaining in Mullins. Listed in the National Register August 3, 1984.
View the complete text of the nomination form for this National Register property.
Most National Register properties are privately owned and are not open to the public. The privacy of owners should be respected. Not all properties retain the same integrity as when originally documented and listed in the National Register due to changes and modifications over time.
Images and texts on these pages are intended for research or educational use. Please read our statement on use and reproduction for further information on how to obtain a photocopy or how to cite an item.
Images provided by theSouth Carolina Department of Archives and History.