|South Carolina Department of Archives and History|
|National Register Properties in South Carolina
Old Brick Warehouse, Marion County (Main & Wine Sts., Mullins)
|Left Oblique||Right Oblique|
The Old Brick Warehouse, constructed between 1903 and 1908, is the oldest extant tobacco warehouse and is believed to be the first brick tobacco warehouse in Mullins. As such it is significant for its association with the development and marketing of tobacco in the area. The warehouse is a one-and-one-half story, brick building laid in common bond. The fašade and rear elevations have stepped parapets. The windows in the original portion of the building are arched with radiating voussoirs and two-over-two sash. The windows on the fašade light offices located at the front of the building - these offices are one room deep and two stories high. The remainder of the interior is open. The original portion of the building has a slightly gabled roof. A 1960s addition (right) has a flat built-up roof. All elevations contain loading and drive-in bays. Listed in the National Register August 3, 1984.
View the complete text of the nomination form for this National Register property. In addition, the Historic Resources of Flue-Cured Tobacco Production Properties includes historical background information for this and other related National Register properties.
Most National Register properties are privately owned and are not open to the public. The privacy of owners should be respected. Not all properties retain the same integrity as when originally documented and listed in the National Register due to changes and modifications over time.
Images and texts on these pages are intended for research or educational use. Please read our statement on use and reproduction for further information on how to obtain a photocopy or how to cite an item.
Images provided by theSouth Carolina Department of Archives and History.