|South Carolina Department of Archives and History|
|National Register Properties in South Carolina
Concord Presbyterian Church, Fairfield County (U.S. Hwy. 321, Woodward vicinity)
|Facade||Left Oblique||Facade-Detail||Left Rear Oblique||Interior|
|Cast Iron Fence|
The Concord Presbyterian Church is significant as an intact, early-nineteenth century simple church building. The congregation of Concord Presbyterian Church is said to have worshipped at the present site of the church as early as 1796. This building was reportedly constructed ca. 1818. The church is a one-story, brick, gable-roofed building with a meeting house floor plan and a small, rectangular, gable-roofed rear extension. The gable ends have boxed cornices with returns and a stringcourse. The fašade has a central entrance flanked by single six-over-six windows. The side elevations have shuttered, six-over-six windows. The foundation is granite. There is a cemetery with a cast-iron fence and gates to the left of the church. Listed in the National Register December 6, 1984.
View the complete text of the nomination form for this National Register property. In addition, the Historic Resources of Fairfield County includes historical background information for this and other related National Register properties.
Most National Register properties are privately owned and are not open to the public. The privacy of owners should be respected. Not all properties retain the same integrity as when originally documented and listed in the National Register due to changes and modifications over time.
Images and texts on these pages are intended for research or educational use. Please read our statement on use and reproduction for further information on how to obtain a photocopy or how to cite an item.
Images provided by theSouth Carolina Department of Archives and History.