|South Carolina Department of Archives and History|
|National Register Properties in South Carolina
Latta Historic District #2, Dillon County
|111 Richardson St.|| Latta Presbyterian Church
110 Richardson St.
|200 Richardson St.||205 Bamberg St.||210 Richardson St.|
|408 Richardson St.||412 Richardson St.||417 Richardson St.||413 Richardson St.||409 Richardson St.|
|403 Richardson St.|
Latta Historic District #2 is significant as a fine collection of late nineteenth and early twentieth century vernacular architecture. The district contains notable local examples of late Victorian era architecture and a fine local example of the bungalow style. The district is a collection of twelve contributing properties and three noncontributing properties, constructed between ca. 1890 and 1930, including residences and a church. The residences are mostly one- and two-story, frame buildings with either late Victorian era details or bungalow styling. Also included is the Latta Presbyterian Church, a small frame church with Gothic Revival details. Listed in the National Register May 17, 1984.
View a map showing the boundaries of the Latta Historic District #2.
View the complete text of the nomination form for this National Register property. In addition, the Historic Resources of Latta, ca. 1890-ca. 1930 includes historical background information for this and other related National Register properties.
Most National Register properties are privately owned and are not open to the public. The privacy of owners should be respected. Not all properties retain the same integrity as when originally documented and listed in the National Register due to changes and modifications over time.
Images and texts on these pages are intended for research or educational use. Please read our statement on use and reproduction for further information on how to obtain a photocopy or how to cite an item.
Images provided by theSouth Carolina Department of Archives and History.