|South Carolina Department of Archives and History|
|National Register Properties in South Carolina
Walterboro Historic District, Colleton County (Walterboro)
| St. Judes Episcopal Church
400 Fishburne St.
| St. Peter's A. M. E. Church
| Church of the Atonement
207 Chaplin St.
| Fisher of Men-Deliverance Ministry
Neyle & Miller St.
|Water Tower (Top)|
|Water Tower (Base)|| Walterboro High School
807 Hampton St.
| Old Railway Station
410 Hampton St.
| Walterboro Library
| Bedon-Lucas House
205 Church St.
|305 Church St.|| Dr. James Klein House
104 Valley St.
| Glover-McLeod House (The Mounds)
109 Savage St.
| Perry-Smoak House
1011 Savage St.
| Fraser House
918 Wichman St.
|1003 Wichman St.|| Padgett House
1126 Wichman St.
| Padgett House
1126 Wichman St.
| Palmer-Edwards House
1303 Wichman St.
| Sylvester Guess House
628 Hampton St.
The Walterboro Historic District is a significant collection of properties located near the center of the town of Walterboro. The majority of the properties in the district were constructed between ca.1800 and ca.1945 and represent a wide range of nineteenth and early twentieth century vernacular design. The district is primarily residential in character, but also includes religious, educational, and public buildings. The visual appearance of the district reflects the historical development of the town, which was one of several South Carolina pineland villages settled during the early nineteenth century by planters in search of a healthful climate. Listed in the National Register November 10, 1980; Boundary increase June 3, 1993.
|page 1 of 3|
View a map showing the boundaries of the Walterboro Historic District.
View the complete text of the nomination form for this National Register Property.
View the complete text of the nomination form for the boundary increase of this National Register Property.
Most National Register properties are privately owned and are not open to the public. The privacy of owners should be respected. Not all properties retain the same integrity as when originally documented and listed in the National Register due to changes and modifications over time.
Images and texts on these pages are intended for research or educational use. Please read our statement on use and reproduction for further information on how to obtain a photocopy or how to cite an item.
Images provided by theSouth Carolina Department of Archives and History.